Tier / Class:
|Stats - Stock (Renowned)|
|700 (720) mm|
|780 / 180 / 40|
|950 / 520 / 60|
|60.00 (70.00) km/h|
|6.83 (5.59) s|
|(29.60) 30.90 deg/s|
Max Cannon Depression:
Turret Traverse Speed:
Features[edit | edit source]
- Heavy armor : this vehicle's armor bounces more shots and takes more hits
- High caliber: the high caliber weaponry deals an increased damage
- Weapon selection: vehicle has several weapon options that you can switch between during battle
- First order ready rack: allows you to fire several round and reloads automatically
- Gas Turbine : provide a smoother acceleration, compared to an ordinary diesel
- Modern APFSDSs : are very effective against ERA
Player Recommendations[edit | edit source]
With a choice between devastating burst fire and a powerful single shot cannon, high acceleration, and excellent armor, the XM1A3 is a powerhouse at tier 10. Best used to hold a position or spearhead an assault, the XM1A3 is an excellent MBT. While powerful, the dangers of being caught on the reload do exist, and can be alleviated by sticking with another MBT, such as a T-14.
Pros and Cons[edit | edit source]
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Excellent gun depression
- Well sloped and armored turret and upper hull
- Side ERA protection against HEAT
- Massive burst damage
- Highest Alpha Damage of all Tier 10 MBTs along with ATDU with the 140mm
- Good top speed
- Good DPM with 140mm
- Because of the turret ring, the weak spot is relatively smaller, compared to other M1 variants
- Excellent HEAT Ammo, even better than its APFSDS
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Longer reload on 120mm magazine
- Loses speed dramatically when turning
- Poor Hull Traverse
- Worst Penetration of all Tier 10 MBTs that utilize a 140mm gun (APFSDS)
- Weak spot, though smaller than that of other M1 variants, still exists
Upgrade Suggestions[edit | edit source]
To help with the poor hull traverse of the XM1A3, upgrading to the 12V883 Turbocharged Diesel Engine should be an early priority. However, as the XM1A3 is defined mostly by its gun, upgrading the firepower, most notably getting the 140mm XM140-2 APFSDS ammunition, should also be an early priority.
Retrofit Suggestions[edit | edit source]
- Advanced Muzzle Reference System
- Augmented Optics
- Improved Gun Breech
- Improved Pioneer Tool Kit
Commander and Crew Skill Suggestions[edit | edit source]
- Commander: Freja Højbjerg, to improve the aim speed and overall accuracy.
- Driver: Spin to Win, Off-Road Driving
- Gunner: Sharpshooter, Do the Twist
Armor[edit | edit source]
|Reputation Cost||Credits||Hull F/S/R||Hull Composition||Hull Modifiers (AP/HE/SC)||Turret F/S/R||Turret Composition||Turret Modifiers (AP/HE/SC)||ERA F/S/R||ERA Composition||ERA Modifiers||Turret Traverse|
|Stock||Stock||780/180/40||3rd Gen DU composite with graphite coating||950/520/60||3rd Gen DU composite with graphite coating||0/55/0||M-19 & M-32 ERA blocks||50% vs AP, 90% vs CE||36.00deg/s|
|The XM1A3 is a prototype modification of the M1A2 series, and the first to use an autoloader. It has the same reinforced, depleted uranium composites of its predecessor, and features composite sideskirts that offer roughly the same survivability.|
Firepower[edit | edit source]
|Shell name||Type||Reputation||Salvo Size||Damage||Area of Effect||Penetration||Speed||Max Accuracy||Aim Time||Reload Time|
|140mm XM140-1 APFSDS||AP||Stock||1||850||0m||760mm||1,450m/s||0.12°||2.50s||11.15s|
|140mm XMH140-1 HEAT-MP||HEAT||Stock||1||900||0m||825mm||1,425m/s||0.12°||2.50s||11.15s|
|140mm XM140-2 APFSDS||AP||226,210||1||960||0m||810mm||1,500m/s||0.12°||2.50s||11.15s|
|Shell name||Type||Reputation||Salvo Size||Damage||Area of Effect||Penetration||Speed||Rate of Fire||Max Accuracy||Aim Time||Reload Time|
|120mm M829A3 APFSDS||AP||Stock||2||590||0m||760mm||1,555m/s||30.00rd/min||0.10°||1.60s||14.00s|
|120mm XM1147 HEAT||HEAT||Stock||2||600||0m||825mm||1,410m/s||30.00rd/min||0.10°||1.60s||14.00s|
|120mm M829E4 APFSDS||AP||Stock||2||600||0m||810mm||1,750m/s||30.00rd/min||0.10°||1.60s||14.00s|
Mobility[edit | edit source]
|Name||Reputation Cost||Credits||Max Speed||0 to 32km/h||Hull Traverse|
|Honeywell AGT-1500 Tiger 1500hp Gas Turbine||Stock||Stock||60.00km/h||6.83s||29.60deg/s
|MTU MB 883 Ka-501 1630hp Diesel Engine||41,130||493,195||70.00km/h||5.59s||30.90deg/s|
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Spall Liner||65,805||789,120||Increases vehicle HP by 250.
|M90 Smoke Grenades||98,710||1,183,670||Provides a total of five smoke deployments on an eighty second cooldown between uses.
|AN/VLQ-8A Soft Kill APS||135,725||1,627,550||An Active Protection System that has a chance of diverting ATGMs away from the player's vehicle.
|Improved Fire Control System||138,810||1,664,540||Reduces aim time by 20%.
|Improved Autoloader||334,175||4,007,225||Increases reload speed by 10%.
|Improved Suspension||39,585||474,700||Improves handling on rough terrain by 10%
|Trophy APS||Automatic hard Kill Active Protection System.
Spotting distance: 500m
History[edit | edit source]
The XM1A3 is a prototype tank that entered an early stage of design with the United States Army in 2009. Future plans for this main battle tank depict it as essentially a heavily upgraded M1 Abrams, with improvements to its armor, weight, firepower, and maneuverability.