Terminology is a collection of phrases, words, and abbreviations used in Armored Warfare, which can be used as shorthand methods of describing certain objects or concepts within the game.
- Alpha - Damage done by a single shot from a weapon system.
- Arty - Referring to the Self-Propelled Gun class of vehicles in Armored Warfare.
- Bloom - The expansion of the aiming circle while moving or turning the turret, or after shooting.
- DPM - Damage Per Minute, referring to the amount of damage a vehicle can theoretically do within a minute with its main weapon.
- DU - Depleted Uranium, a type of Armor Piercing round which has higher penetration due to its mass.
- Maximum Deviation - The maximum amount a shell can deviate away from the center of the aiming circle.
- Normalization - When an AP shell strikes armor, the tip of the shell digs into the armor, making the angle shallower and reducing the chance of a ricochet or bounce.
- SPAAG - Self Propelled Anti-Aircraft Gun, a subclass of Armored Fighting Vehicles that includes vehicles such as the B1 Draco that were originally designed to defeat enemy aircraft.
- Traverse - The speed (in degrees per second) that either the hull or the turret can turn in a certain direction.