BVP-M2 SKCZ Šakal
|BVP-M2 SKCZ Šakal|
Tier / Class:
|Stats - Stock (Renowned)|
|80 (140) mm|
|70 / 55 / 55|
|60 / 30 / 30|
Max Cannon Depression:
|-7.0 / +23°|
Turret Traverse Speed:
The BVP-M2 SKCZ Šakal is a tier 6 Armored Fighting Vehicle originating from the Czech Republic and Slovakia, and is sold by Zhang Feng. It can be unlocked from the OT-64 Cobra, and leads to the KTO Rosomak.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Subtle movement: moving on a low speed doesn't reduce your camouflage factor.
- Designated target: vehicle has the ability to designate targets that are within line of sight and vision range. Designated targets are called out and takes increased damage.
- Self homing: tracks and follows targets.
- Recon package: this vehicle's recon package provides an improved vision range when stationary.
Player Recommendations[edit | edit source]
The Šakal is a well-armed and relatively well-armored fighting vehicle capable of mobile flanking and ranged attacks to support advancing MBTs. With twin self-homing ATGMs and a 30mm autocannon, it is capable of inflicting heavy damage on enemy targets and quickly relocating to avoid return fire.
Pros and Cons[edit | edit source]
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Lock-on, self-guiding ATGMs!
- Excellent camouflage rating
- Decent mobility
- Relatively strong armor for an AFV
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Reverse speed is abysmal
- Missile launcher is far left of the targeting reticle, making close range shots inaccurate
- Missiles cannot be reloaded one at a time
- Very poor gun depression
- Nearly useless autocannon
Upgrade Suggestions[edit | edit source]
Upgrading to the Improved Thermal Sight, 30mm M929 APFSDS will increase firepower and damage output. Upgrading to the GALIX 17 Smoke Grenades will also offer an effective smokescreen to help the Šakal retreat when in danger.
Retrofit Suggestions[edit | edit source]
- Advanced Muzzle Reference System
- Augmented Optics
- Improved Gun Breech
- Improved Pioneer Tool Kit
Commander and Crew Skill Suggestions[edit | edit source]
- Commander: Sabrina Washington, to improve the camo rating, view range, and crew stats
- Driver: Spin to Win, Off-Road Driving
- Gunner: Sharpshooter, Do the Twist
- Loader: Rapid Fire, Explosive Shells/Preparation
Armor[edit | edit source]
|Reputation Cost||Credits||Hull F/S/R||Hull Composition||Hull Modifiers (AP/HE/SC)||Turret F/S/R||Turret Composition||Turret Modifiers (AP/HE/SC)||ERA F/S/R||ERA Composition||ERA Modifiers||Turret Traverse|
|The BVP Šakal's steel armor provides protection that corresponds to STANAG 4569 Level 2, defending against small arms fire.|
Firepower[edit | edit source]
|Shell name||Type||Reputation||Salvo Size||Damage||Area of Effect||Penetration||Speed||Rate of Fire||Max Accuracy||Aim Time||Reload Time|
|30mm IHLA APFSDS||AP||Stock||540||30||0m||135mm||970m/s||300.00rd/min||0.17°||2.50s||0.20s|
|30mm JOSv HEI||HE||Stock||540||45||0.25m||10mm||920m/s||300.00rd/min||0.17°||2.50s||0.20s|
|30mm M929 APFSDS||AP||46,458||540||36||0m||150mm||1,120m/s||300.00rd/min||0.13°||2.50s||0.10s|
|Missile Name||Type||Reputation||Salvo||Damage||Area of Effect||Penetration||Speed||Rate of Fire||Caliber||Reload||Self-homing|
Mobility[edit | edit source]
|Name||Reputation Cost||Credits||Max Speed||0 to 32km/h||Hull Traverse|
|Caterpillar C9.3 430 hp Diesel Engine||Stock||Stock||65.00km/h||3.53s||36.00deg/s|
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Spall Liner||25,341||365,714||Increases vehicle HP by 150.
|GALIX 17 Smoke Grenades||16,894||243,810||Provides a total of eight smoke deployments with a two-round magazine. Individual charges are on a six second cooldown, with an eighty second cooldown for the magazine.
|Improved Thermal Sight||33,788||487,619||Increases effectiveness of spotting through foliage by 30%.
|Improved Suspension||12,670||182,857||Improves handling on rough terrain by 10%.|
History[edit | edit source]
The BVP Šakal is a joint Czech-Slovak experimental IFV designed in 2010 as an upgrade to the existing BVP-2, which was itself a copy of the Soviet BMP-2. It passed its trials but was never accepted into service, as the limitations of upgrading the BMP-2 chassis were apparent.