BMPT-72 Terminator 2
|BMPT-72 Terminator 2|
Tier / Class:
|Stats - Stock (Renowned)|
|208 / 80 / 45|
|560 / 350 / 350|
|5.49 (5.03) s|
|36.40 (42.90) deg/s|
Max Cannon Depression:
|-10.0 / -8.0°|
Turret Traverse Speed:
The BMPT-72 Terminator 2 is a tier 9 Tank Destroyer originating from Russia, and is sold by Marat Shishkin. It can be unlocked with a tier 9 Unlock Token, and unlocks a tier 10 Unlock Token, which can be used on the PL-01, T-15 HIFV, T-14 Armata, or FV4034 Challenger 2 ATDU.
Features[edit | edit source]
- High spot and rof: had high spotting ranges and rate of fire.
- Heavy armor: this vehicle's armor bounces more shots and takes more hits.
- TB ATGM: guided high explosives.
- Uninhabited modules: the uninhabited turret (battle module) received reduced damage.
Player Recommendations[edit | edit source]
With a strong hull and an unmanned turret which takes reduced damage from incoming fire, the Terminator 2 is tailored for the role of a flanking brawler capable of getting around heavily armored vehicles and unloading salvos of ATGMs and autocannon fire into their sides. The Terminator 2 offers excellent protection to accompany its withering firepower.
Pros and Cons[edit | edit source]
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Excellent armor values, slope and ERA. One of the meanest armors in AW. Back has cages against missiles.
- Excellent light vehicle counter
- Good ATGM launcher salvo, but vastly inferior to missile spammers like Kornet, T-15, MT-LB, etc.
- Turret takes reduced damage
- Superior to the T-15 in compact silhouette and track shielding
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Sluggish acceleration and low top speed
- 30mm autocannons lack penetration to deal with heavily armored targets
- Long reload in between ATGM salvos
- High DPM vehicles can count on shooting the turret since it still takes some damage
- LFP is weak
- Weak to AP shells
- Bad camo rating
Upgrade Suggestions[edit | edit source]
The Improved Gun Stabilizer will tremendously help maintaining accurate autocannon fire when the Terminator 2 is used as a brawler. Upgrading to the V-92S2 Diesel Engine will allow the Terminator 2 to keep up with dedicated flankers, so it should be researched early.
Retrofit Suggestions[edit | edit source]
- Advanced Fire Control
- Advanced Muzzle Reference System
- Improved Gun Breech
- Improved Telescopic Lenses
Commander and Crew Skill Suggestions[edit | edit source]
- Commander: Freja Højbjerg, for increases to accuracy, view range, and module damage
- Driver: Off-Road Driving, Smooth Ride
- Gunner: Quick Draw, Sharpshooter
Armor[edit | edit source]
|Reputation Cost||Credits||Hull F/S/R||Hull Composition||Hull Modifiers (AP/HE/SC)||Turret F/S/R||Turret Composition||Turret Modifiers (AP/HE/SC)||ERA F/S/R||ERA Composition||ERA Modifiers||Turret Traverse|
|The BMPT-72 is an advanced version of the BMPT series based on a T-72 chassis. The hull and lower turret housing utilize composite and steel, with an unmanned gun turret atop. ERA upon the hull sides, upper glacis, and lower turret roof are stock, and cage is placed over the rear engine sides.|
Firepower[edit | edit source]
|Shell name||Type||Reputation||Salvo Size||Damage||Area of Effect||Penetration||Speed||Rate of Fire||Max Accuracy||Aim Time||Reload Time|
|30mm 3UBR10 APDS||AP||Stock||900||45||0m||140mm||1,120m/s||300.00rd/min||0.15°||1.75s||0.20s|
|30mm 3UOF21 HEI||HE||168,410||900||45||0.25m||10mm||920m/s||300.00rd/min||0.15°||2.00s||0.20s|
|Missile Name||Type||Reputation||Salvo||Damage||Area of Effect||Penetration||Speed||Rate of Fire||Caliber||Reload||Self-homing|
|9M120M "Akata" ATGM-TH||Tandem-HEAT||Stock||4||570||0m||950mm||550m/s||15.00rd/min||130mm||24.00s||No
|9M120F "Akata-F" ATGM-TB||HE||223,265||4||570||0m||600mm||550m/s||15.00rd/min||130mm||24.00s||No|
Mobility[edit | edit source]
|Name||Reputation Cost||Credits||Max Speed||0 to 32km/h||Hull Traverse|
|ChTZ V-92S2 Diesel Engine||Stock||Stock||60.00km/h||5.49s||36.40deg/s
|V-92C2F Diesel Engine||34,020||624,390||60.00km/h||5.03s||42.90deg/s|
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Spall Liner||54,435||999,000||Increases vehicle HP by 250.
|3D17M Smoke Grenades||81,655||1,498,545||Provides 8 total smoke grenades with a 2-round magazine. Smoke can be fired every 6 seconds. The magazine takes 80 seconds to reload.
|Shtora-1 Soft Kill APS||112,275||2,060,490||An Active Protection System that has a chance of diverting ATGMs away from the player's vehicle from a range of 250m or more.
|Improved Gun Stabilizer||136,090||2,497,545||Enhances accuracy while on the move by 20%.|
History[edit | edit source]
The BMPT-72, also known as the "Terminator 2", is a Russian armored fighting vehicle that was first revealed in 2013. It is very similar to its predecessor, the BMPT "Terminator", including being built on the base T-72 hull. Where it distinguishes itself from the BMPT, however, is that the BMPT-72 is a retrofit only vehicle, upgraded from T-72s and other similar vehicles with no new builds.