Missions are the Player vs. Environment aspect of Armored Warfare. In missions, four to five players battle in a scenario against AI controlled enemies. These missions have a story line based narrative where the agent gives primary and secondary tasks. In order to successfully complete the mission, players are required to complete the primary mission and at least one player must survive the mission. Surviving and secondary objective completion give significant boosts to reputation and credits.
Mission difficulty levels[edit | edit source]
Currently, there are three different levels of difficulty.
- Easy – for new players, serves as the entry level to the game in order for players to get used to tactics and the flow of battle.
- Medium – standard difficult, more difficult but perfectly suitable for a player with some experience already. Only available for tanks of tier 3 and higher.
- Hard – high difficulty level suitable only for experienced players and players specializing in PvE. Only available for tanks of tier 5 and higher.
Starting from update 0.13, missions above the Easy level will have a Logistics Cost, depending on the level of the tank and the difficulty of the mission. This works like an entry fee.
Enemy vehicles[edit | edit source]
The vehicles that the player may face are versions of the vehicles the player may play. Each enemy vehicle is identified with a difficulty or ability level. Depending on their prefix, enemy vehicles will have less health, armor, fire different ammo types or act less smart, among other factors.
- (Salvaged) The least effective vehicle
- (Fragile) Weaker than the standard vehicle
- (no suffix) Standard vehicle
- (Upgraded) Somewhat more powerful than the standard vehicle
- (Superior) The most dangerous variant of vehicle
In addition to these regular enemies, player have a chance to face a mini-boss that are identified by having their name and health bar colored yellow instead of the usual red for enemy tanks and are uniquely named. These vehicles are significantly more difficult to destroy than the normal vehicles. They appear to have higher levels are armor and several times more hit points than the regular enemies. The chance to spawn these mini-bosses increase with tier and difficulty.
Mission objective types[edit | edit source]
The tasks that players will see in missions include:
- Takeover - Enemies are defending a location. The team must move in and take it from them or destroy all enemies.
- Defend - The team must hold a location or multiple locations against an assault for a given time period.
Mission list[edit | edit source]
List of and link to missions, as well as the PvP maps they are based on. All PvE maps start with an "Operation:" prefix. For example, "Operation: Ghost Hunter".